Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lifted Up - Ian Henderson


I have started this blog with only one purpose, that is to honor all of our children who are battling or have battled a DIPG (or other types of PBT). This blog isn't about me, or any one foundation, it is about our brave heroes...the kids.

Today it is with a heavy heart that I post the another wonderfully brave child has earned their wings (or as I prefer, "Lifted Up"). Please stop by and visit Ian Henderson's CB site and say a few prayers of comfort for Ian's family. I know what they are going through. I know the pain of losing a child to DIPG, I lost my 8 year old son Matthew on St. Patrick's Day, 2007. I have made it my mission to help other families in any way I can during their child's battle against this "monster".



This is from Ian's CB site (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ianhenderson) today (2/19)....

“Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16

Someone asked recently, “What does mercy mean to you?”

Our answer, “no pain, no fear and deep peace for our son as his journey through this world ends and he enters into wholeness and the waiting arms of Jesus in the world beyond.”

God’s mercy fell freshly this morning as just after midnight He welcomed our dear son Home to glory in such a peaceful way with no pain and no fear – Ian is whole again – Ian is well.

Our empty arms ache…but our hearts rejoice and have confidence that Ian is safely Home with our loving Lord this morning.

We will be making arrangements today and will post again when we know more about when services will be.

We deeply thank you for your ongoing prayers and love for us.


Thanks and God Bless.

Rich ~Angel Matthew' s Dad~
DIPG Parent

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I designed a race car design for the Toyota cup challenge to honor Angel Zac Talley and the rest of the DIPG warriors. I am hoping that I can get enough votes to promote the awareness of this awful monster!
    Here is the link to vote and spread the word!

    http://www.sponsafier.com/share/45003

    We hope to get over 6000 votes in 14 days and get DIPG promoted nationally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly my daughter, Kaylin Grace Pardo lost her battle to DIPG on 08/14/2011 as the anniversary of her passing nears the pain seems to grow more unbearable....missing my beautiful girl

    Annmarie Pardo from New Hampshire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my TL a little more than a year ago when my third child was born via c-section. I was not told ANYTHING about the possible side effects of having this procedure. Since then I have experienced heavy bleeding lasting sometimes 3 weeks out of the month, weight gain, severe mood swings. Severe cramping, changes to my libido, severe depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts, headaches, migraines, many new symptoms & older issues are now exacerbated. The father of two of my children doesn't want me anymore. I've become too much of a pain in the ass I guess. We don't talk. We don't sleep in the same bed. I think he might really think I am crazy... & maybe I am. I feel crazy a lot of the time.
    I'm unpredictable. I feel so angry about the whole thing & now what was once a mild fear of doctors has exploded into full on white coat syndrome that causes me to have a panic attack/hypertensive emergency (severe increase in blood pressure) whenever I have to deal with them. I'm not sure what to do... I fear the next time I have to see a doctor I'll have a stroke or a heart attack from the stress & anxiety of it... what do I do? I take my time and keep searching on internet looking for natural healing that how I came across Dr Itua herbal center website and I was so excited when Dr Itua told me to calm down that he will help me with his natural remedy I put my hope on him so I purchase his herbal medicines which was shipped to my address I used it as prescribed guess what? I'm totally healed my cramp pain is gone completely I also used his Anti Bacteria herbal medicines it's works for me very well I want anyone with health problem to contact Dr Itua herbal center for any kind diseases remedies such as Parkinson, Herpes, ALS, MS, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Hiv/Aids,Cancers, Men & Women Infertility, I got his email address drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he has any kind of herbal remedies for women & men also for our babes. I really miss my Hunni...he's a fantastic father & a good man. He doesn't deserve this. I feel like an empty shell of who I used to be...

    ReplyDelete